Spring Sports

This form needs to be completed in order for you to play on a school team. It can be picked up in the nurse’s office or the athletic office.

There may still be snow on the ground, but it is time to start thinking about Spring sports! If you decide that you would like to join a team in the spring, start listening for announcements now. Spring sports include: Baseball, Softball, Tennis, Track, and Badminton.

If you plan on joining a team, you need to be aware of the following requirements:

The New York State Education Department requires a specific form be used for all school physicals. This includes not only athletics, but for all students in grades Pre-K or K, 1, 3, 5, 7, 9 and 11. The same Health examination form is required if a student needs a physical for working papers or needs a physical as required by the Committee on Special Education (CSE). New entrants into a school also need an updated physical and must use the NYSED approved Health Examination Form.

Student-athletes need an additional physical exam form completed.

Physical exams for sports are good for 12 months. Each season a student-athlete must have a parent/guardian complete and sign an Interval Health History for Athletics form. This helps our school medical team determine if a student-athlete has had any medical concerns since his/her last physical that we should be aware of.  High school student-athletes can also take a sports physical with the school physician four times per year (August, November, February, May). This is subject to change.

We also do a baseline concussion test of student-athletes in the contact sports. The health examination, interval health history questionnaire and concussion test are just some of what we do in order to provide the student-athletes with a safe athletic experience.

If you have any questions, they can be directed to the school nurse.

Thank you, Mr. Philips, for providing us with this important information!