The Student News Site of Central Islip High School

The Rapier

The Rapier

The Rapier

Preparing for Homecoming

Homecoming is right around the corner!! How can you prepare and show your CI Pride? For starters, buy your class shirts if your class is selling them. Buying your class shirts helps gain earnings for your class so when you reach senior year you can have fun activities at a lower price. And for the seniors, it’s a nice souvenir of your time in high school. 

How else can you help out? Help with building your floats for the homecoming parade. All the classes meet after school throughout the next couple of weeks to build their floats. If you have any questions on your class floats or class shirts you can ask your class officers or advisors. The current class advisors are:

Senior Class: Mr. Ehrhardt and Mrs. Villatoro

Junior Class: Mr. Paholik and Ms. Hyte-Klotz

Sophomore Class: Mrs. Schmalacker and Mrs. Smalls

Freshman Class: Mrs. Murphy

On top of all that you can also participate in Spirit Week. During Spirit Week, you dress up according to the day’s themes. Participating in Spirit Week helps build school spirit as well as showing support for our school and our football team.

Here are themes this year:

Monday- Adam Sandler Day

Tuesday- Soccer Moms vs BBQ Dads

Wednesday- Wild Wild West

Thursday- Barbie vs Oppenheimer

Friday- Class Colors (Freshman: purple and white, Sophomore: gold and white, Junior: gold and black, Senior: purple and gold)

Go to the Pep Rally! The Pep Rally happens on the day before the homecoming game. On that day the entire school comes together to watch the announcements of the Homecoming Court, (the voting for your class royalty starts on October 11th and ends on October 18th,) all the fall sports teams, and the marching band performing their halftime show.

Finally and certainly not least, attend the homecoming parade and game. On the 21st of October, all classes, as well as the marching band, will start marching with their floats from Wheeler Road all the way to the high school. After the parade proceeds the homecoming game where this year the Central Islip Musketeers will verse the Sachem East Arrows. 

Homecoming can be a wonderful experience with your friends and family, so make sure you help out with your floats and have fun at the game!