Sophomore Club’s Four-Legged Valentines

Sophomore Clubs Four-Legged Valentines

Rapier Staff

This Valentines Day, the Sophomore Club decided to show love for the animals currently waiting to be adopted at the Islip Animal Shelter. You may not know this, but most animal shelters have wish lists of items that they would like to have for the animals in their care. Common items include towels, food, treats, toys, and paper towels. They will also take sweaters and other accessories that they can use to dress the dogs and take pictures. These pictures, when posted on sites like Petfinder.com and the shelter’s social media pages, can increase the probability of the animals getting adopted.

The Sophomores, along with their advisors, Mrs. Smalls and Mrs. Schmalacker, decided that paper towels would be an easy item to collect that would have a lot of value for the shelter. They collected and delivered over 20 rolls of paper towels to Islip Animal Shelter. The staff was so appreciative of the gesture.

If you haven’t been to the Islip Animal Shelter, they have a beautiful new facility right here in Central Islip, at 200 South Technology Drive. They are open Monday through Saturday from 9:30 am- 4:00 pm. If you aren’t looking to adopt a pet, but want to support the shelter, there is a bin outside the front door to drop off any donations. If you are looking to adopt a pet, you can see their available cats and dogsĀ here.